From the business
Rambutan strives to be as clean and as limited as possible in the use of energy and potential pollutions, and has therefore implemented a range of sustainable initiatives:
- Use of biodegradable items, made from compostable sugar cane residue: straws at restaurant and bar (and only on request)
- Biodegradable take-away meal boxes, and garbage bags
- Free refill water station for guests and promote the usage of reusable aluminium water bottles instead of plastic ones.
- Provide free drinking water in glass bottles in rooms
- If guests ask for mineral water, we provide it in glass bottles instead of plastic ones
- Recycle glass program with GAEA
- Bathroom amenities are provided in refillable bottles
- Provide organic room amenities from Kambio, and hand soap from Naga Earth
- Recycle cooking oil to return and transform into bio-diesel for the generator from Naga Earth.
- Needed accessories are made from recycled plastic bags
- Join on a regular base the “city clean- up” events.
- Use of organic local fruits and vegetables in the kitchen and bar.
On top of all this we also offer scholarship programs for many of our staff and their children to enrol or reintegrate school. From kindergarten to Private English School, University or Master degrees. Because we believe education and work are the best ways to escape the circle of poverty!